DM Albums™ 3.0 Ready for Release January 6th, 2012

After almost two full years since the last update, we’re very pleased to announce we’ll be releasing DM Albums™ 3.0 this weekend.

There are some major changes in store for this round:

• The DM Albums™ presentation layer has been replaced with a full javascript/css album, powered by Galleria: fast loading, fully mobile-compatible, and streamlined fullscreen and lightbox capabilities.
  • Appearance fully customizable through CSS
  • Disappearing captions bug has been resolved
  • Captions, links, and album titles are all moved into the wordpress database
  • The backend DM Album Management system is largely left unchanged

Thanks for everyone’s patience and support over the past few years. Our team’s time has been severely limited, but we’ll make every effort to support the influx of support requests that are sure to come with such a substantial release.

Slideshow:
Fullscreen:

59 Responses to “DM Albums™ 3.0 Ready for Release”

1. Hello,
    just installed the latest version, but I am now having an error when activating the plugin.

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected $end in C:\inetpub\wwwroot\www.praize-ministries.org\wp-content\plugins\dm-albums\wp-dm-albums.php on line 846

Have tried various troubleshooting but it keeps having this error.
    any help ?

2. frank says:

There do seem to be some bugs; we’ll be working to get them resolved ASAP. In the meantime, you can still get the old version here:

3. frank says:

There is a problem with the commit to the WordPress database; we’re working to fix this and you should see an update available soon.

4. frank says:

Ok – there was a serious problem committing the code to the WordPress repository, so that probably explains your trouble.

Also, if you have an irregular theme, you may need to manually add the following scripts to your header:

<script type='text/javascript' src='http://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1/jquery.js?ver=3.3.1'></script>
    <script type='text/javascript' src='http://www.yourdomain.com/wp-content/plugins/dm-albums/galleria/galleria-1.2.6.min.js?ver=3.3.1'></script>
    <script type='text/javascript' src='http://www.yourdomain.com/wp-content/plugins/dm-albums/javascript/galleria-common.js?ver=3.3.1'></script>
    <script type='text/javascript' src='http://www.yourdomain.com/wp-content/plugins/dm-albums/galleria/themes/classic/galleria.classic.min.js?ver=3.3.1'></script>

5. Felipe says:

In my case, after upgrading, there were no errors but:
    1.- The gallery did not work; simply a blank page
    2.- All the jQuery plugins stopped working

6. frank says:

@Filipe
    Can you please let me know
    (a) What other plugins you have running
    (b) Any javascript errors you’re seeing, either on other pages/posts or on the a page/post with a DM Album? Or provide a link to your site so I can examine the errors?
    Thanks

7. frank says:

@Filipe
    If JQuery is broken, I’m guessing there is a conflict with the Google JQuery API that DM Albums uses. Can you comment out lines 517 and 518 in wp-dm-albums.php and let me know if that fixes (a) your other plugins and (b) DM Albums?

wp_register_script( 'dm_jquery', 'http://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1/jquery.js');
    wp_enqueue_script( 'dm_jquery' );

-Revision Control
    -WordPress Seguro(Secure WordPress)
    -Simple Section Navigation Widget
    -W3 Total Cache
    -WordPress Database Backup
    -WP Minify
    I did not see javascript errors. Just checked jQuery was not working and reverted to the last night backup. So the site is now working correctly.
    The theme is Atahualpa 3.7.1
    I hope that gives you any clue

9. Jon says:

I’ve been getting the same problems and the extra lines of code you mentioned have at least stopped the error messages. The problem is only thumbnails and normal images are being displayed and not the big versions. I did manage to find this piece of code in an error log which might be the problem:

Error console for Galleria.php output showed this:

big: ‘http://wp-content/uploads/dm-albums/Rebecca/IMG_1639.jpg’,

Note that after the ‘http://’ there doesn’t appear to be any website url so the image can’t be found.

On line 12 of the Galleria.php code where it uses:
    $album_url = “http://” . ltrim($album, ‘/’);

I had to add in my site url to get it to work:
    $album_url = “http://www.mywebsitename.com/” . ltrim($album, ‘/’);

Otherwise the images weren’t being found.

Is there a piece of code missing or a setting I need to change on configuration somewhere?

10. frank says:

@Jon
    Thanks for reporting this. Version 3.1.1 should fix it up for you. You will have to comment-out those lines, however. (I need to do some more investigation to find a good solution to that problem before making a release.)

Would you mind listing the plugins and theme you’re using as well, so I can see if I can’t narrow down where the conflict lies?

Thanks

11. frank says:

Live well, my friends.

12. Jon says:

Hi Frank.

Thanks for the update and all seems well but I need to check if that’s because my fixes are still in place or your news ones have done the job, which is they have.

I would love to give you details of the template I used but Templatemonster has now removed it and so I can really show you where it came from. I can send you the files if required though.

I am using All in One SEO, Tweet Button, Auto SEO Tags, BackUpWordPress, Fast Secure Contact Form, Favicons, Google XML Sitemaps, No Right Click Images Plugin, Social Media Widget and WP-PageNavi.

Hope this helps….
    Jon

13. Felipe says:

Mmm, not so well.
    I tried again, but the Lightbox plus plugin and the Captify stuff do not work.
    Also, in the pages where DMAlbums is called I get just two lines of text with:

Fullscreen:
    Slideshow:

I tried also commenting out lines 517 and 518 in wp-dm-albums.php (523&524 in my file) but same result.

14. frank says:

@Jon, @Felipe
    I released a new update that (hopefully) removes the JQuery conflict.

@Felipe
    I loaded up a test site with all the same stuff as yours – same theme, all the plugs, etc – but none of it caused the conflict you describe, so I’m clutching at straws a bit trying to get a fix together for it…

15. Felipe says:

Hi Frank,
    I tried this update with same result. I deactivated Lightbox Plus but there is no change. Tried also setting to “no” the new Lightbox switch in DM before deactivating the Lightbox plugin and still same result.

I think my installation is quite normal, with a reliable theme and no tweaks, standard plugins, all over WP3.3.1

The only odd thing is the Captify plugin that does not behave like a standard plugin and seems to be no longer maintained. I had to copy it in the plugin directory, insert some JS in header.php and append some CSS to the Theme. You can google it and will find entries like this: http://www.w3avenue.com/2009/12/02/jquery-captify-plugin/
    I can send you the bits, if it helps.

16. Eric says:

I too am having a lot of the same issues. With my gallery, the picture does’t load (though thumbnails do). Also, when you click the photo, it only brings up a white lightbox. Help!!

17. frank says:

@Eric
    Do you have the Captify plugin as well? I haven’t been able to find that one, and that’s the only one I don’t have on my test server. If someone can point me to the plugin, I’ll happily install it and see what happens…

The Captify links to download appear to be broken – and it indeed does use JQuery – this is a likely candidate for the problem-maker, though I certainly am not blaming them for any wrongdoing.

18. Felipe says:

@Frank
    I have sent the plugin files in a Zip to development@dutchmonkey.com
    Please have a look

19. Per-Åke says:

The same here, after installing 3.1.2 (WP 3.3.1) – just the lines + icons Slideshow/Fullscreen. No pictures.

20. Jos Saris says:

Hi,

Since the last update to DM Album version 3.1.2. I only see [Slideshow] and [Fullscreen] but no more pictures on the post of my fotoblog/website http://www.jossarisfoto.info.

Can you tell me how I get my DM pictures back.

By the way. I have in the most post on my blog Google Maps at the end of every post.
    Before this update 3.2.1. the Google Maps in my post where not visible anymore (after upgrading from 3.0 to 3.1.). After the update > 3.2.1. they showed up again?

Another question:
    Is there a simple way to install galleria as plugin in WordPress?

Thanks in advance for your answer to my problem/question.

Kinds regards,

Jos Saris

21. Sarah says:

I have had a problem I noticed just recently (but probably happened after the Update). When the plugin is activated, it messes up with my ability to edit my Post Pages and Blog Posts. I can not do Quick Edit. When I go to Edit a blog or page post, it shows what appears to be a blank html page. I can only see the text when I highlight the text box area. When I click on Visual editing mode, it simply wont expand and I cant go back to editing in html mode unless I refresh the webpage. Plus, the DM tab on the right of the editing box will not open, as wont other tabs on the Dashboard and various other places.

Everything goes back to how it should work when I deactivate DM Albums, so something must be up with this plugin.

SOOoooooo I am having a bit of a problem here heh……

I really like this plugin as I use it on one of my Pages. So I hope we, or you guys, can figure out what’s going on :}

22. Sarah says:

Oh and it also affects the Uploading Media. Does not work normally as it should. It just opens in the same windows like it’s going to the next website aand… just.. Doesnt work right.

I think that’s it….

23. frank says:

@all
    I’ll be pushing out an update this weekend which will hopefully resolve some of the issues we’re experiencing. There is a general problem with JQuery conflicts that appears to be very difficult to resolve universally – it seems that where one technique works for some users/themes/plugins, it breaks for others, and vice-versa. I’ll continue to seek a universal solution, though for the time being it may require some manipulation to get it to work.

24. frank says:

@all
    I have added an option in 3.1.3 (to be released later today) with new advanced settings that allow you to choose to load the default JQuery API, replace the loaded my WordPress, or not load any, and allow the theme to manually load a JQuery API. This should cover all possibilities, with the manual option giving the most control.

If anyone has further thoughts on the matter, please let me know.

25. Bicet says:

Hi Frank, thank you for your hard work.
    With the new release 3.1.3 I’ve got a new problem: white page on administration panel when I choose DM Albums.
    I’ve disabled all plugins except for DM ALbums :)
    BTW I’m back to 3.1.2 and it works like a charm.

26. frank says:

@Bicet
    Thanks for the feedback…seems where was another problem committing the code to the repository. 3.1.3.1 has been issued and serves only as a code refresh to make sure all the changes are successfully committed. Please give that a shot…

27. Felipe says:

Hi Frank,
    In my case this new release still does not work.
    1.- In the pages calling DM albums now appear a new line “Download:” below the other two “Fullscreen:” and “Slideshow:”
    2.- The other jQuery plugins stop working except if I set the new setting under jQuery library to “Normal”. This way DM Albums still doesn’t work but the others come alive again.
    3.- I tried adding the line

to the header but there is no change. It keeps as in previous point 2.-

I deactivated all the other plugins but it neither makes any change

28. Felipe says:

The line missing in point 3.- was just a call to src=”http://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.7.1/jquery.min.js” between script tags.

29. Jos Saris says:

Hi Frank,

Despite the new updates in version 3.1.3 I still having problems with the plugin.

The problems are:

* The fullscreen option doesn’t work properly. It shows the pictures not correct. Therefore I disabled this function.
    * Google Maps stil a problem. Only the frame is shown, the content is disappeared.

You’ll find my blog > http://www.jossarisfoto.info

Regards,

Jos

30. kokonut says:

hi,

i just installed your plugin (which seems to be fabulous btw, if it only worked…).
    so the problem is: when i’m editing a page & creating a new album & uploading some images –
    it doesn’t show up in the list. tried refreshing etc.

also before commenting out the lines, my jquery was broken.

i run these plugins on wp3.3.1:

Admin Menu Editor
    DM Albums
    Dynamic To Top
    Dynamic Widgets
    Email newsletter
    Events Manager
    Flexi Pages Widget
    User Role Editor

thanks,
    kokonut

31. Jos Saris says:

Hi Frank,

The last update (3.1.3.3) doesn’t work properly on my photoblog. When I click on Screenshow en Fullscreen nothing happens.

See for instance: http://www.jossarisfoto.info/2012/01/16/tilburg-entrada/

Kind regards,

Jos

32. Felipe says:

Hi Frank,
    It did not work either in my case.
    I even went back to WP 3.1.4 to see if there were any difference but there isn’t any.
    I also tried other gallery plugins, just to see if the rest of the site still worked. Some of them worked (although I don’t like them or don’t have the time to configure from scratch) and some others not, with a similar issue.
    Rgds,
    Felipe

33. Isabel says:

Hi Frank,

I have inserted a DM gallery here:
    http://www.madbudget.com/advertise and would like to modify the width to 640px and height to 427 px. I tried doing that in the settings but it still comes out as full screen.

Thanks!

34. SLEZE says:

I am trying to get DM Albums working on the below site suing version 3.1.5 (although under settings it says 3.1.4) but I am having the same problems as Jos Saris in that it only displays

“SLIDESHOW” (the Play button)(the Pause button) “FULLSCREEN” (the Fullscreen button)

I am able to upload the photos with no problem and when I add the album to the page it inserts the following text:

[dmalbum path="/wp-content/uploads/dm-albums/test/"/]

I have played around with that last slash because it looks like it doesn’t belong but that changes nothing. I have also tried changing up the JQuery Library setting but that doesn’t change anything either.

35. Nafees Ahmed says:

Caption option is not working after insert album. I have also tried changing add link on images but that doesn’t add any link on the images.

36. kellyrnh says:

Not sure if this helps anyone, but after hours of research, trial and error, I finally fixed a issue I had.

I could use the DM Albums manager with no problems in the admin panel, but when viewing the front end, there was nothing.

For me, it ended up that there was a javascript conflict: in the javascript folder, the file “galleria.php”, line 66:

$(‘#galleria-’).galleria({

This conflicted with a javascript file in my theme using:

var $j = jQuery.noConflict();

In my case, I needed to adjust the line 66 of galleria.php to:

$j(‘#galleria-’).galleria({

This resolved my jquery conflict. Hope this helps someone!

37. jdegoes says:

Hi!

First of all, congrats on this plugin; I´ve been using it in a new version of a site for a client, but it just stopped working.
    The albums display the “slideshow” and “fullscreen” buttons, but nothing else. Also, I get these errors on my JavaScript console:

Uncaught TypeError: Property ‘$’ of object [object Window] is not a function galleria.php:45
    (anonymous function) galleria.php:45
    Uncaught TypeError: Property ‘$’ of object [object Window] is not a function galleria.php:35
    (anonymous function) galleria.php:35
    (anonymous function) galleria.php:45
    (anonymous function) galleria.php:35

Ani ideas?
    Thank you!

38. Alejandro says:

No se me veían las fotos a la primera en distintos navegadores, lo solucioné cambiando lo siguiente:
    1.- En Advanced Options (de Ajustes->DM ALBUM), cambiar JQUERY Library a Replace WordPress JQuery.
    2.- Cambiar los javascript en el header.php de tu wordpress con los parámetros de versión siguientes, que nos comentó frank

Y eso es todo, funciona a la primera carga en navegador.

39. Alejandro says:

Ahora tengo que solventar un warning, que se produce en el IE 8.
    El albun lo tengo a toda pantalla es decir a 960 de ancho por el alto que sea. Pues en IE 8 no me respeta este tamaño y se me va a los parámetros por defecto que trae DM ALBUM, es decir a 500 de ancho.

¿COMO PUEDO SOLUCIONAR ESTO FRANK?

40. Aurelie says:

Hi there,

I have just added the DM Album Plugin but it is interfering with the slideshow of my home page… Instead of having the pictures sliding, they are now all showing up below each other…… Do you have an idea where the issue is coming from?

Many thanks,

41. I like the valuable info you provide in your articles. I will
    bookmark your weblog and take a look at again
    here frequently. I am relatively sure I’ll be informed a lot of new stuff right here!
    Best of luck for the following!

42. This is very interesting, You’re a very skilled blogger.

I have joined your feed and look forward
    to seeking more of your fantastic post. Also, I have shared your site in my social networks!

43. The first line of attack is eating a high protein breakfast.

The first move is concentrate on heart, lungs, and cardio-vascular
    tissue. If you want extra support to write your goals in the STAR format just write an email to
    info@loseweighttowin.

44. 翻譯公司 says:

Excellent happy synthetic eyesight intended for detail
    and can anticipate issues before they will take place.

45. You made some decent points there. I looked on the internet for more information
    about the issue and found most people will go along with
    your views on this site.

46. Greetings from Ohio! I’m bored to death at work so I
    decided to browse your blog on my iphone during lunch break.

I enjoy the info you present here and can’t wait to take a look when I get home.
    I’m amazed at how fast your blog loaded on my cell phone ..
    I’m not even using WIFI, just 3G .. Anyhow,
    fantastic site!

47. fine jewelry says:

Because the admin of tɦiѕ site iѕ ԝorking,
    no hesitation ѵery ѕoon it will be renowned, ɗue tto its quality contents.

mу web blog fine jewelry

48. seo says:

I love to disseminate understanding that I’ve accrued with the 12 months
    to help enhance group overall performance.

My web blog seo

49. 行銷 says:

Hi there! I just wish to give a huge thumbs up for the great data you will have right
    here on this post. I shall be coming again to your
    blog for more soon.