Customizing DM Albums™ Thumbnails and Navigation Hints January 8th, 2012

We had a user ask a question regarding some customization. DM Albums™ previously allowed for adjusting thumbnail height, but that has been removed for this release. This is pretty easy to adjust, though, and I thought I’d share the instructions:

Thumbnail size:
In javascript/galleria.php, change line 26 to have whatever size you want:

$size_thumb = "&width=60&height=40";

But changing the thumbnail height will screw up the positioning of the caption, so you’ll need to change the bottom: value in galleria/themes/classic/galleria.classics.css

.galleria-info {
    width: 100%;
    bottom: 60px;
    left: 0px;
    z-index: 2;
    position: absolute;
}

This will place the caption at the right height. You’ll have to mess around with this a little, but whatever the height is of the thumbs plus 20 should do it.

Caption font size:
In the same file, you can also adjust the font of the caption:

.galleria-caption{
    font-weight: normal !important;
    opacity: 0.5;
    z-index: 1;
    filter: alpha(opacity=50);
}

Permanent Navigation Hints
As for making the image navigation hints permanent, just add the following line after the idleTime: 2000 line at line 76 of javascript/galleria.php:

idleMode: false,

17 Responses to “Customizing DM Albums™ Thumbnails and Navigation Hints”

1. Jos Saris says:

Hi,

Since the last update to DM Album version 3.1.2. I only see [Slideshow] and [Fullscreen] but no more pictures.

Can you tell me how I get my pictures back.

By the way. I have in the most post on my blog Google Maps at the end of every post.
    Before this update 3.2.1. the Google Maps in my post where not visible anymore (after upgrading from 3.0 to 3.1.). After the update > 3.2.1. they showed up again?

Another question:
    Is there a simple way to install galleria as plugin in WordPress?

Thanks in advance for your answer to my problem/question.

Kinds regards,

Jos Saris

2. Jedha says:

I am having the same problem as above since the updte. I can no longer see any thumbnails and have no idea where the php file is. Help please???

3. Markku says:

Just started to work with my new site and am having the same problem. I can not see thumbnails of my pictures. Thank you for your cool plugin. Could you help us to get it working properly.

- Markku

4. I like your plugin guys, but i still cant see my pics showing in your gallery :(

5. Seth says:

First of all, thank you for this plugin! It works “stock” for me, but I have been banging my head trying to get this plugin to change the auto-calculated height of the galleria-container element. No css changes (i’ve tried tons of combinations, anything I can think of) change make this happen.

All I want to do is make the thumbnails larger (I did this, but the provided instructions were not enough, it took more css editing), move them down a bit, so that I can then move the caption overlay to between the thumbnails and image. I can do all that… BUT the problem is that the height of the galleria-container selector css is over-written by the javascript calculation, so changing it in the css doesn’t have any effect. The result is that the container doesn’t expand to allow the larger thumbnails that are now moved down on the page to show, because they are cut off by the ending of the container element.

Is there any way to change the way the height of the galleria-container is calculated in galleria-1.2.6.js so that we can control the height of the galleria container with css if desired?

Any other solutions/help/suggestions for this would be appreciated. I don’t know php but do know CSS well enough to get myself into this kind of trouble. :-)

Thanks-
    -Seth

6. Luis Martins says:

hi there!

i was trying to use your plug on wordpress and it work great…
    ecept i have same problem as the guys above.
    the pics i uploaded are there on fullsize but they dont show on the gallery itself.
    just the dummy.png file.

please help!

thanks in advance

7. Martin says:

Hi,
    I have installed your plugin and think it’s great…however, having followed your instructions on how to change the thumbnail sizes, they are not resizing on the page here: http://www.theeventbooth.co.uk/test2/
    (Please excuse the embarassing pictures…) Do you know where I’m going wrong?
    Thanks,
    Martin

8. An intriguing discussion is definitely worth comment.
    I believe that you need to write more about this topic,
    it may not be a taboo matter but generally folks don’t speak about these issues. To the next! Kind regards!!

9. como no roncar says:

I am really impressed with your writing skills as well as with the layout on your blog.
    Is this a paid theme or did you customize it yourself?
    Either way keep up the nice quality writing, it is rare to see
    a great blog like this one these days.

10. What’s up friends, nice piece of writing and nice urging commented at this place, I am really enjoying by these.

11. Amino Prime says:

I drop a comment each time I especially enjoy a article on a site or if I have something to add to the discussion.
    It’s a result of the sincerness displayed in the post I read. And after this post Customizing DM Albums Thumbnails and Navigation Hints | DutchMonkey Productions. I was moved enough to post a thought ;-) I do have 2 questions for you if it’s allright.

Is it only me or do a few of the comments come across like
    they are left by brain dead people? :-P And, if you are writing on additional social sites, I would like to keep up with you.
    Could you list every one of all your public pages like
    your linkedin profile, Facebook page or twitter
    feed?

12. Good post! We are linking to this particularly great content on our site.
    Keep up the good writing.

13. Thank you for the auspicious writeup. It in truth used to be a enjoyment account it.
    Glance advanced to more introduced agreeable from you!
    By the way, how can we keep in touch?

14. Hi! I’ve been reading your web site for a long time now and finally
    got the bravery to go ahead and give you a shout out from
    Dallas Texas! Just wanted to tell you keep up the fantastic job!

Also visit my blog post :: Income From home usa reviews

15. Good article. I am dealing with a few of these issues as well..

16. Our point of reference in how we conduct our actions frequently changes our viewpoint. Sometimes good and sometimes this change is bad but it is our outlook that exerts the most control the way we feel.

17. I constantly emailed this webpage post page to all my contacts, for the reason
    that if like to read it after that my contacts will too.